It's just a tad bizzare, isn't it, that total strangers are also friends. I said to my son's teacher the other day, "A woman I know just finished knitting the most amazing socks..." But I found it hard to describe how we "know" each other. I'm glad I know you in any sense...
Total strangers as friends. I like that idea. That's what we need more of in this life. As a member of another online community, I'm participating in a "Secret Santa" activity. Not ever really "knowing" the person we've been assigned, we're going to select a gift and send it off into the void; to be recieved and (hopefully) enjoyed. Total strangers as friends. I like it.
What do you think? I'm starting a new link list. "Friends That Don't Know Me" Who knows? Maybe I'll get to know a lot more new people!
2 comments:
Ok, so what is "knowing" anyway? I mean, what are friendships based on? To have some common grounds is a good basis for a friendship. Like knitters or quilters, we have that in common. But, even though we may never meet in person, does the "relationship" we form with one another have any less validity than with people we know in person? (And, many with whom we have NOTHING in common with?)
And a cyber firend who is having a difficult time, does their story mean anything less than the woman who lives next door? I have friends whom I've developed friendships on the internet, and I truly care about their well being. There are superficial in-person relationships I've had where their lives have no impact on me at all.
Gawd, I really can go on. I guess you touched on something...
Hi Dru! I like this too, one can never have too many "friends you don't know" or ones you do know for that matter. So, after reading your blog last night I was inspired to start my own. Check it out - loonar.blogspot.com : )
PS - FACE MELTRZ ROOL
Post a Comment