Felting. I'm addicted. I admit it. And here's what got me started. I wrote up a little pattern...just a tiny pattern...using one skein of yarn for the MAKS booth at stitches. I call it the "The Original Painted Pot"

It's such a cute little pot...you can knit it up and have it felted in an afternoon or evening. Big yarn (Malabrigo 2-ply chunky) and big needles #15 circulars. Throw on the cast on stitches, knit a bit and wham....all done.
What if I added handles? Then, you'd get the "Painted Pot w/Handles" I know...not very creative. But another freakin cute pot:

Well, Miss Alice at MAKS thought it would make a great little girls purse and claimed it for her own. But I had to let her know in no uncertain terms that this was my pot. That it was a pot and not a little girl's purse.
I'm not a heartbreaker, so I made up a new pot with Miss Alice in mind. Here's "Alice's Flower Pot" It's freakin cute too. Just look:

I don't know when to stop. I really like the way the I-cord goes round and round...hmmm...maybe another pot? Well, here's the tester. Call it: "Twisty Ball"

I'm so addicted.
No comments:
Post a Comment