Thursday, May 15, 2008

Classes...


I'm going to be giving felting classes at MAKS. My first class will be the knitted "Indian Painted Pot" on June 26, 2008. Class will be meeting from 6 pm to 9 pm. We will be knitting the pot, applying handles and felting all in the same evening. There will be a special surprize offered during the class; one lucky winner will win a special prize during the class.

Materials: One skein of chunky weight yarn (Malabrigo 2 ply, Misty Alpaca Chunky, Cascade 128 or Aussi Wool); once you feel comfortable with the pattern an alternative you may choose is to use a worsted weight yarn and double strand the knitting (Cascade 220, Ultra Alpaca)

The Malabrigo is my favorite and it's pictured in the example. I've just finished knitting a sample pot in the Misti Alpaca and I'll upload a picture here as soon as it's felted. I'll make up a sample of the worsted weight double strand very shortly.

16" #15 circular needles

Originally the project had a bit of homework to make prior to class, but I've updated the pattern and we'll be able to take care of the handles during the class.

Also, this pattern is built for speed...if you've never tried continental knitting before, this is your chance. The complete pot is knit in under two hours.

Class Fees: $10.00 plus materials

Contact:
Mass Ave Knit Shop
317-638-1833 to sign up for the June Felted Pot Class

PS...Coming in July...Wet Felted 3-D Pot Class, more details soon.

1 comment:

Cindra said...

You need to update, Dru! It's been awhile. I won't be able to make your class. I won't be in town. Darn.