The stole pattern is one I created on my machine a few jobs back. Great drape, just 73 stitches wide, run at full out number 10 tension, extremely airy and lacey [the fan in my workroom can blow this one off the table]...throw in about ten rows of 1x1 rib at each end and do an alternating tuck stitch in the center. I usually steam block it out perfectly flat to show of the tucks and gain extra inches in width and length. Counting the rib stitches, I think about 460 rows makes a nice wrap over the arms or thrown on one shoulder. Takes almost 75g of yarn.
Now the bad news. The beatiful slate blue is actually a varigated blue, ranging from palest baby blue to dark navy. I've just freakin knit a blue camo stole. ARGH...
I didn't even have the heart to block this puppy...OFF TO THE FROG POND WITH YOU.
Here's the scan, if you want to point and laugh...or if you know someone that likes to go deer hunting after Sunday School.
1 comment:
why not try dying this? maybe you can rescue it by using a strong scarlet dye and making it purple?
Post a Comment