I like funky yarn [within reason, it has to work on the machine]. I like projects, that when complete, people say "No way, you KNITTED this?".
Scarves can do that. Michael B gave me a great recipe for a "Ladies Tie Scarf" that's been a big hit at work. [Its corporate, extra large, I'm a prairie dog in a cube farm, and can be fired for blogging at work...there will be none of that, this is an at home project (got that HR?)...I have to pay for my fiber addiction some way]. I made one for my boss, and I think she told everyone in the building. And for awhile, my inbox was a drop off for orders. That's calmed down, and now I'm settled in for consignment knitting. Babies, weddings...you know.
I need to break out of the yarn bag soon...someday, I'll make a sweater.
My favorite FUNKY yarn shop. "Mass Ave Knit Shop" [Forevermore known here as MAKS instead of mlys] They have a link [yeah, it's in links]. But the website pales in comparision to the heart thumping, wallet burning, needle craving feeling when you walk through the door of this place. It's FREAKIN huge. And don't ask for crap red heart. [Yeah, Susan...I'm sorry I was knitting with that during lunch...I really am...I needed a fix, and you weren't open at midnight on Saturday...Have you considered running a 24 hour yarn shop?]
Every fiber and every price range guaranteed to make any calm knitting grandma to scream her white hair blue looking at all the options. [I personally have had the doctor up my blood pressure meds from visiting there too often (LOL, just kidding Susan...I'll be in next week)]
Come to Indianapolis....VISIT Mass Avenue Knit Shop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment